Thursday, January 30, 2014

On the Right Street at the Right Time

Ester
On Thursday evening, as I was finishing up for the day, I had a desire to do one more street. There were a few lighted houses, so I determined I would go to those. Once I was going to cross the street to do one more house, I saw a car drive up and something really made me turn around and decide to go to that car, and then I saw that the person inside was a woman and Caucasian [which meant she would probably speak English and most of the people in the area that night only spoke Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese].

Her name was Maggie and I found out that she was a Christian. I showed her the Peace Above the Storm.
She had just gotten home from a rough day, and felt that she was under spiritual attacks and needing peace, and the book was exactly what she needed. She hugged the book and was able to keep it that night. We also prayed together and she shared with me some of her struggles so that we could pray specifically for them. As we finished up, she wanted to know why I had come to her street at the time. I told her that I pray and that something just made me choose this last street randomly to end the night and how I really sensed that I needed to walk over to her for one last canvass. As we walked away from each other she said that she really needed the book and that she really needed the visit and that I should keep allowing God to lead me because He definitely brought me to her that night. I left her my phone number so that we could stay in touch. My prayer is that she will continue to find that Peace in Jesus and have victory over the struggles and attacks she is receiving. 

God really knows how to encourage me and end the night well! Maggie was an answer to prayer and I was an answer to prayer for Maggie. It makes me realize that we do this work, not just for others but for our own faith to grow and to see God's hand at work upon this earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment