Monday, February 17, 2014

Team Building

Decisions... Decisions

     This week I learned the importance of team efficiency. Sorry to inform you but I've moved on to a different book. Yes I cried with Voskamp and enjoyed her poetic writting style, but I found these (truth bearing:p) article reviews http://lightnercrew.com/2012/03/01/one-thousand-gifts-by-ann-voskamp-a-biblical-review/
& this one sealed it for me
http://www.midwestoutreach.org/mcoijournal/one-thousand-gifts-a-commentary/ . But anyway this is the new book I picked up.

And Ive learned so much, in one night I nearly finished the whole book! haha well its quite thin.
I was fascinated to learn about the four levels of team building;


Level 1: Orientation
Level 2: Dissatisfaction
Level 3: Integration
Level 4: Production

The reason why I became so interested in this book is because in Bible work and as Magabook leaders we continuously work in teams. The dusty book sprung about right when I considered that our team was in the dissatisfaction stage of the progression.

Also... As I am praying and thinking more and more about what I will do when I graduate SOULS West, I am looking into the team culture and growth potential of Full Circle. However I am weighing the options. The SECC Bible work culture is unique and unlike any other conference but the dissatisfaction that our Bible work practicum team faced could be a taste of the large scale culture. Please don't get me wrong, I've loved working with every member of all 4 churches and I have utterly loved my Bible work practicum! I love this ministry but I must consider the different team dynamics. In short... Because of what I was able to learn about team efficiency and growth I am better able to understand the chemistry of relational team building. I can happily say we; Andy, Ester & I are in the integration phase. But as to wether I will remain in this conference for my Bible work term next year is unknown.

Continue to pray for me :) Decisions, Decisions for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment