Sunday, March 2, 2014

Slow Recoveries

Feb 27, 2013  It isn't every day that you get to meet a person who has a similar experience to yours. Today I had the opportunity to connect with Chai, a 31 year old woman we met in the Urgent Care yesterday with Pastor Mel, Magbis and Andy. She rides her bicycle everywhere as a student in college and had just experienced an accident. It was a divine appointment for sure because she eagerly came to meeting tonight at church. As I drove her her, I learned that Chai is someone who has experienced much pain and suffering and wondered if God ever really cared since He didn't stop it from happening, especially since she was an active vibrant Christian at the time that a major trauma happened to her. It has taken her over 10 years to recover from a brain injury. I was able to share with her my experience of becoming very sick in Africa and going through a long recovery from it in every way: mentally, spiritually, physically. My goal was to let her know that she can rest assured that God has a plan to restore her back to Himself and has an amazing plan to restore her and that she is still a child of God and is very precious to Him. She was relieved to have gotten that off her chest those thoughts and experiences she went through and she was grateful that we were able to talk. I was so blessed that she was willing to trust me and also listen to me. She is looking forward to continuing coming to the series the next meeting we have and really liked tonight's meeting.








No comments:

Post a Comment